What does the Bible say about retiring?
The Lord said to Moses, “This applies to the Levites: Men twenty-five years old or more shall come to take part in the work at the tent of meeting, but at the age of fifty, they must retire from their regular service and work no longer.
What does the Bible say about Social Security?
1. Social Security is a violation of the 1st Commandment. God says in Exodus chapter 20, verse 2, “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.” He then says in verse 3, “You shall have no other gods before Me.” This is the first commandment.
How do you pray for retirement?
Starting My Retirement
Lord I pray that this may be a wonderful new beginning for me and not the end of the road, that is so often the case when retirement arrives. Help me to seize every opportunity that arises and to explore the skills and gifts that You have given me, so that they may be used to glorify Your name.
What is a good retirement saying?
Inspirational Retirement Quotes
- The best part about retirement is spending time with the grandkids.
- Retirement is the only time in your life when time no longer equals money.
- Retire from your job, but never retire your mind.
- My best days in retirement are when I give back to the community.
What does God say about not working?
For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “If a man will not work, he shall not eat.” We hear that some among you are idle. They are not busy; they are busybodies. Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the bread they eat.
What are the most powerful Bible verses?
15 Bible Verses to Encourage You
- John 16:33. “In the world you will have tribulation. …
- Isaiah 41:10 (NIV) “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. …
- Philippians 4:6–7 (NIV) …
- Psalm 34:4–5, 8. …
- Romans 8:28. …
- Joshua 1:9. …
- Matthew 6:31–34 (NIV) …
- Proverbs 3:5–6.
What does the Bible say about not paying taxes?
Don’t collect more than is legal, he told them.” And in Romans 13:6-7, St. Paul writes, “That is also why you pay taxes, because the authorities are working for God when they fulfill their duties. Pay, then, what you owe them; pay your personal and property taxes, and show respect and honor for them all.”
What Scripture talks about protection?
2 Samuel 22:3-4. My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my savior; you save me from violence. I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies.
What retirees do all day?
The study showed that those in retirement spent less time on things like working, educational activities, and caring for others like their children. They spent more time on things like personal care, eating, household activities, shopping, leisure, civic activities and talking on the phone.
What are the five stages of retirement?
The 5 Stages of Retirement Everyone Will Go Through
- First Stage: Pre-Retirement.
- Second Stage: Full Retirement.
- Third Stage: Disenchantment.
- Fourth Stage: Reorientation.
- Fifth Stage: Reconciliation & Stability.